New trail at AoAA

See. I was happy I live on the East Coast. I have zero need for a full on caged rig. I don't want to go that far down the rabbit hole. But now........

I heard that the first person to make it down the full trail was a 12 year old in a small buggy. He killed it. That trail would destroy my Jeep. But it does make me want to turn it into a buggy. Or make a new one and Keep the Scrambler as is.

So it looks like there are some rules........ cage, 4 point harness and winch, lockers and 37inch rolling stock.... al of this will be inspected before access is granted........ and helmets....... guess I will just run the rubicon then....

Attachments

• Mammoth Trail Rules 6_24_22.pdf
    59.5 KB · Views: 47
So it looks like there are some rules........ cage, 4 point harness and winch, lockers and 37inch rolling stock.... al of this will be inspected before access is granted........ and helmets....... guess I will just run the rubicon then....
I don't have anything that qualifies to run it then :( And Debbie was threatening to run it in the JKU if we go in August...

I don't have anything that qualifies to run it then :( And Debbie was threatening to run it in the JKU if we go in August...
I am good with having some safety gear and upgraded roll cage but helmets? before too long they will require all of that for the whole park.

You know it's lit when the spotters have to helmet up, too :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, What's up with that? If someone is so inept they're gonna crack there skull spotting, I don't think I want them spotting me! Maybe a recovery crew needs helmets, but spotting?

I watch spotters everytime we're out walking backwards in the rocks.... Thankfully no one has fallen and cracked their head. But then again we post pictures and videos of people hanging off rig to keep them from tipping too.

I watch spotters everytime we're out walking backwards in the rocks.... Thankfully no one has fallen and cracked their head. But then again we post pictures and videos of people hanging off rig to keep them from tipping too.
Exactly. Walking backwards and focused on the rig can lead to slips and falls.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna back pedal, I have seen spotters doing what you're saying, and the potential for falling in a BIG hole on Mammoth is pretty high... So the requirement for spotters does make sense there..

I guess it’s time to start thinking roll cage! At least they aren’t asking for one of those race inspected cage standards.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm gonna back pedal, I have seen spotters doing what you're saying, and the potential for falling in a BIG hole on Mammoth is pretty high... So the requirement for spotters does make sense there..
Let's see... Build a massive rock and boulder trail to challenge the wheeling community... I can see the requirement for a cage to help keep you from getting crushed. It also adds stiffness to the rig. I can see a quick tech inspection. And seat belts are required to keep you in the seat.

After that I'm done. Everyone wearing a helmet....why not just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. Trails in Moab are certainly as if not more difficult than this and they last I knew there was no requirement to enforce helmet laws.

Pa, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but you are required to wear one on a bicycle....
I can run AOAA in my Jeep without the need of a cage or 4 point or helmet but for this trail you have to pass tech inspection to include helmets....

I can run at Rausch on any trail without any required but save for a second rig...

Thanks I'll look for other places to play

Let's see... Build a massive rock and boulder trail to challenge the wheeling community... I can see the requirement for a cage to help keep you from getting crushed. It also adds stiffness to the rig. I can see a quick tech inspection. And seat belts are required to keep you in the seat.

After that I'm done. Everyone wearing a helmet....why not just wrap everyone in bubble wrap. Trails in Moab are certainly as if not more difficult than this and they last I knew there was no requirement to enforce helmet laws.

Pa, you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but you are required to wear one on a bicycle....
I can run AOAA in my Jeep without the need of a cage or 4 point or helmet but for this trail you have to pass tech inspection to include helmets....

I can run at Rausch on any trail without any required but save for a second rig...

Thanks I'll look for other places to play
You can still play on the other trails at AOAA. I see no problem with them wanting you to wear a helmet and have a cage for this one trail.

As for me, I have a cage in the Scrambler, looking ahead to harder challenges of course, and since I still don't have a harness, I bumped my noggin on a bar last year at Rausch. Good thing I have the bars wrapped in foam (like pool noodles). But with a proper fitting harness, my head would not move enough to hit the bars. Baby steps on my Jeep prep.

This park is owned by a County government. It is not private (they do lease some of the land). This is why they have higher "standards". They don't want to (will not) pay out huge legal fees if something bad happens.

I thought that was what that paper you signed to be able to use the park was for. Something about you are responsible for your own safety and injuries and any damage or breakage to your vehicle and they are not responsible for anything or something like that.

I thought that was what that paper you signed to be able to use the park was for. Something about you are responsible for your own safety and injuries and any damage or breakage to your vehicle and they are not responsible for anything or something like that.
Do you think that waiver will really keep people from suing anyway? Nope.

Back