New trail at AoAA

Supposed to be designed as the east coast Rubicon trail

Supposed to be designed as the east coast Rubicon trail
Well, I've driven the Rubicon Trail, and that creation there is wayyyyyyyyyy harder. That's just a vehicle-breaking-machine. The Rubicon is a trail - a road, actually - it goes someplace. And you can run it in a mostly stock Wrangler with 31's, believe it or not. But that thing there is a just a place to destroy u-joints, driveshafts, axles, or various other drivetrain parts, as well as sheetmetal. That's just a long trench of rocks the size of washing machines. Might be fun to watch rear steer tube buggies bust 1-ton axles on it for a couple hours, but other than that? eh...

As with everything now it needs to be bigger and harder....I would be interested in see this close up. Driving over washing machine size rocks might not be as bad as we think if there is a line....

Maybe bigger rolling stock and some strong skids. I am sure there will be jeeps on the trail...I think the key will be a good driver/spotter combination.

Looks like a bigger version of Rausch's crucible trail. Jeeps with 37 and 40s have run that one. Then there is the TJ krazies that navigated it as well.

Wow. I will be a man and admit that that trail is e han my Scrambler cana take. But I will gladly spend some time watching folks attempt to make it through unscathed.

Maybe once I have my roll cage installed, I would try this one...

2002 TJ

I’m almost positive got started on this trail on accident, I was running 37s at the time and made it like 50 yards in before turning around and bailing.

I think waiting for d60s is the right call on this one :/ But it looks fun!

Back